Musicians Friend

Saturday, September 6, 2008

ViolinFactory Solid BLACK color 4/4 Full Size Teachers Recommended Student Violin + Bow + Case + Rosin Complete Set

A hand-carved solid spruce top and solid maple back, sides, and neck deliver fantastic tone. Features a fine tuner tailpiece, ebonized fittings, and inlaid purfling. Full size. Comes with Mongolian horsehair bow, rosin, and featherweight suspension case.
Customer Review: This Cost Me More
I ordered this product for myself on a Sunday night and received on Thursday; however, although their were no instructions to installed the bridge,it wasn't hard to google instructions "violin bridge". The bridge wasn't the correct size, the proper cutouts did not fit the notches of the instrument. Yes, this is a bargain!! agreeablely so, the strings are undeniable CHEAP and broke on me the first night during tuning,the Rosin came in pieces and the screws on the tailpiece were jammed. So before I could enjoy, music I had to first achieve sound, I took my new "beautiful" violin to a local violin repair shop, I had the strings, bridge, rosin and the tailpiece replaced; the cost including tuning and labor $120. So this bargain ended costing me the price as if I bought it in the local music store.
Customer Review: Horrible Condition
I recieved my violin today for my daughter. I read the reviews on this product and I was really in the middle. Well after recieving a broken violin today I am convinced that I should have gone done to the local music store and rented one. It was horrible, light wieght - yeah like 8 oz, not 8 lbs. I think that is why it showed up broken. The strings will not stay tight, the neck was broken, the chin rest was broken and the back had a long split. I was horrified. I buy a lot online and this is the first time I have felt I was taken. I am trying to return the product now.


Music Therapy and New Age Piano

If there were one genre of music that's perfect for music therapy, it would have to be New Age piano! Soothing and relaxing, the piano offers many benefits to those in need of respite. The wonderful thing about this style of music is that it's also easy to learn how to play!

Once this chord structure is practiced, it's time to add in a few chords. Just a few chords is all that is necessary for the beginning adult to experience the joy of improvisation. The hands are placed on the open position chord structure and the fingers move around creating melody. Nothing more is required than an openness to explore the possibilities.

A few chords, a scale, and you're able to make music. And not just any kind of music, but one that's conducive to alleviating stress. Let's look at how one might go about learning how to play piano in the New Age style.

And once students get started, they find that they can't stop playing. The therapeutic aspect of this comes from the free-form improvisations students are able to play only after a few minutes of practice. They begin to unwind, relax, and forget about the problems and cares of the day. It's a music therapy that goes one step above just listening to music.



Used Musical Instruments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home